As a Database Administrator, you can use the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Database Management service to monitor and manage your Oracle Databases.
Database Management currently supports the following Oracle Databases:
- External Databases: Oracle Databases located outside of Oracle Cloud Infrastructure and connected to a resource in the External Database service.
- Oracle Cloud Databases: Oracle Databases running on the
following Co-managed Oracle Database Cloud solutions:
- Bare Metal and Virtual Machine DB Systems are single-node database systems on either bare metal or virtual machines, and 2-node Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) database systems on virtual machines.
- Exadata Cloud Service is an Oracle Database cloud platform, which enables you to run Oracle Database workloads in the cloud and leverage the power of Exadata in the cloud.
- Database Management currently does not support Pluggable Databases (PDBs) in Bare Metal and Virtual Machine DB systems and Exadata Cloud service.
- Database Management features for Oracle Cloud Databases are available as part of the Full Management and Basic Management options. The Basic Management option is available at no additional cost. For more information, see About Management Options.
- Autonomous Databases: Easy-to-use, fully managed, pre-configured
database environments, provisioned on a Shared or Dedicated Exadata
Database Management currently does not support Autonomous Databases on Oracle Exadata Cloud@Customer.
For information on these Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Database services, supported Oracle Database versions and editions, see Database documentation.
Using Database Management, you can monitor single instance and RAC databases, which include Container Databases (CDBs), PDBs, and Non-Container Databases (Non-CDBs). Database Management supports Oracle Database version 18.104.22.168 and later. For information on Database Management feature availability for database types and versions, see Database Management Feature Support Matrix.
Here are the important tasks you can perform using Database Management:
- Monitor the key performance and configuration metrics of your fleet of Oracle Databases. You can also compare and analyze database metrics over a selected period of time.
- Use Performance Hub for a single-pane-of-glass view of database performance, which enables you to quickly diagnose performance issues.
- Use AWR Explorer to visualize historical performance data from AWR snapshots in easy-to-interpret charts.
- Group your critical Oracle Databases, which reside across compartments into a Database Group, and monitor them.
- Create and schedule SQL jobs to perform administrative operations on a single Oracle Database or Database Group.
Not all the Database Management tasks given in the preceding list and the features detailed later in this document are available for Autonomous Databases. For information on the Database Management features available for Autonomous Databases, see About Database Management for Autonomous Databases.