Add a HeatWave cluster to shapes that support HeatWave. When you add a HeatWave cluster to a high availability DB system, the HeatWave cluster adds to the primary MySQL instance.
Using the Console
Use the Console to add a HeatWave cluster to the MySQL DB system.
- A DB system with HeatWave supported shapes. For data sets of 10 TB
or more, it is recommended to use
MySQL.HeatWave.BM.Standardshape. See Supported Shapes.
If you encounter
OutOfHostCapacitywork request error while adding a HeatWave cluster to a DB system, see Resolving OutOfHostCapacity Error.
- Open the navigation menu and select Databases. Under MySQL HeatWave, click DB systems.
- Do one of the following:
- Choose Add HeatWave cluster from the Actions menu on the same line as your DB system.
- Click the name of the DB system to open the DB system details page. Select HeatWave from the Resources list. Under HeatWave cluster information frame, select Add HeatWave cluster.
- Click the name of the DB system to open the DB system details page. Click More actions, and select Add HeatWave cluster.
- On the Add HeatWave cluster panel, do the following:
- Select a shape: Select the shape for the HeatWave nodes. Click
Change shape to select a shape for the HeatWave nodes. You
MySQL.HeatWave.BM.*shapes for a HeatWave node. See Supported Shapes.
- Node : Specify the number of HeatWave nodes to create. A minimum of 1 is supported and a maximum of 64 nodes are supported. If you enable Lakehouse, a maximum of 512 nodes are supported.
- MySQL HeatWave lakehouse: Enable query processing on
the data residing in Object Storage. HeatWave Lakehouse is supported on the
HeatWave.512GBshapes only. Also, you must disable point-in-time recovery, high availability, read replicas, and outbound replication. See MySQL HeatWave Lakehouse.
- Estimate node count: (Optional) Click it to estimate the number of nodes required based on the shape you selected and the size of your data. See Generating a Node Count Estimate.
- Select a shape: Select the shape for the HeatWave nodes. Click Change shape to select a shape for the HeatWave nodes. You cannot select
- Click Add HeatWave cluster .