All users can use Infrastructure Classic Console or Applications Console to change their own password. Only identity domain administrators can reset the passwords of other users, and only the passwords of users in their designated Cloud Accounts.
If an identity domain administrator resets your password, the password is temporary. The system prompts you to change your temporary password on your next sign-in.
- Sign in to Applications Console or Infrastructure Classic Console.
Sign in to the Applications Console if you want to work with Oracle Cloud Applications. Sign in to Infrastructure Classic Console if you want to access Oracle Cloud infrastructure and platform services. If you see Infrastructure Classic at the top of the page when you sign in to Oracle Cloud, then you are using Infrastructure Classic Console and your subscription does not support access to the Infrastructure Console.
Be sure to specify the appropriate identity domain.
- Open the navigation menu. Under Account Management, click Users.The User Management page appears.
- Click Identity Console.This displays the Oracle Identity Cloud Service user management page.
- Click Action menu for the selected user and then select Reset Password.The system prompts you for confirmation.
- Click Reset Password. If the password reset is successful, then a confirmation message appears at the top of the Users tab.
The system automatically generates a new password and mails this temporary password directly to the user. Users are required to change the temporary password the next time they sign in.
- To reset passwords for all users, click the More menu and then select Reset All Passwords.
This will reset passwords for all users including administrators in the system.
- The system displays a warning and prompts you for confirmation.
- Click Reset All Passwords to confirm the reset.
See Resetting Passwords for User Accounts in Administering Oracle Identity Cloud Service.