You can create data actions to navigate to a canvas in the current project or to a canvas in another project.
You can also use data actions to transfer context-related information (for example, an order number) where the link displays details about an order number in another visualization or project.
- Create or open a project and confirm that you’re working in the Visualize canvas.
- Click Menu on the project toolbar and click Project Properties, then select the Data Actions tab.
- Click Add Action and enter a name for the new navigation
- You can use only letters and numbers in the navigation link’s name.
- You can add multiple navigation links.
- Click the Type field and select Canvas Link.
- Click the Anchor To field and select the columns from the current visualization to associate with this data action. Don't select measure columns or hidden columns. If you don't specify a value for the Anchor To field, then the data action applies to all data elements in the visualizations.
- Click the Project field and select the project you want to use for the anchor:
- Use This Project - Select if you want to link to a
canvas in the active project.
Columns that you select must be in the current visualization.
- Select from Catalog - Select to browse for and select the project that you want to use.
- Use This Project - Select if you want to link to a canvas in the active project.
- Click the Canvas Link field and select the canvas that you want to use.
- Click the Pass Values field and select which values you want the data action to pass.For example, if in the Anchor To field, you specified order number column, then in the Pass Values field, select Anchor Data to pass the specified column values.
- All - Dynamically determines the intersection of the cell that you click and passes those values to the target.
- Anchor Data - Ensures that the data action is displayed at runtime, but only if the required columns specified in the Anchor To field are available in the view context.
- None - Opens the page (URL or canvas) but doesn't pass any data.
- Custom - Enables you to specify a custom set of columns to pass.
- Click OK to save.