You can view the data associated with your custom business objects in any of your databases (Development, Staging, and Live) and, in some cases, the data retrieved from external services.
You can use the Data tab to view the data stored in fields of business objects.
For custom business objects, you can view the data no matter what status the application is in. For business objects from an external service, you can view the data only when the application is in Development status. Data for related objects is not displayed.
To view the data in a business object:
- Select the business object that you want to view and open the Data tab.The table in the Data tab displays the data stored in the fields of the business object. The table displays the data for editable and read-only fields.
- Select the arrow for a column to sort the data by that column, or expand the Query node and enter search criteria to display only the rows that meet your criteria.You can sort the data for a custom business object, but not for a business object from an external service.
Edit the Data in Business Objects
You can directly edit the business object data stored in your databases.
Use the Data tab to modify, export, and import the data in custom business objects. If you have the appropriate rights, you can also edit the data in top-level business objects for external services in the Data tab.
The Data tab displays a table with the data for each of the business objects in your application. You can add data by creating new rows and adding data to the fields in business objects. Use the tools in the toolbar to perform the following functions:
Import a CSV file or Excel spreadsheet (
.xlsx) to replace or append data
Export the entire table as a CSV file
Refresh the data display
Select the fields to be displayed (by default, only the Id field and user-created fields are displayed)
Edit the data stored in the editable fields of an object by editing the individual rows
Delete a row
- Select the business object you want to edit and open the Data tab.The table in the Data tab displays the data stored in the fields of the business object. For business objects provided by external services, the table displays the data in top-level business objects only.
- Select the row that you want to edit and click the Edit Row icon in the table toolbar to open the Edit Row dialog.
Description of the illustration bo-data-edit-row.pngThe Edit Row dialog displays the editable fields in the business object and the current data stored in the selected record. Some fields, such as the creation date, are populated automatically and are not displayed in the edit dialog.
- Make your changes in the dialog. Click Save.The validation rules for fields are enforced when you edit the data stored in the records.
Edit Data in a Table
You can edit the data stored in a custom business object by importing a file. When you import the file, you can choose to replace all the current data or to add the data in the file as new rows appended to the existing data.
You cannot edit data in business objects for external services by importing a file.
To edit data in a table:
- Open the Data tab of the custom business object that you want to edit.The table in the Data tab displays the data stored in the fields of the business object.
- Click Import From File in the toolbar.The Import Data dialog provides options to either replace the existing data or to append the data in the file to the existing data.
Description of the illustration bo-data-import.png
When you append the data from a file, the ids for the new data are renumbered to prevent duplicating ids.
- Upload the file by browsing your local file system or by dragging the file into the dialog box.
- Select Append or Replace in the dialog box. Click Import.
- Click OK in the success or failure dialog box.