Autonomous Database for Transaction Processing and Mixed Workloads
Autonomous Database for Transaction Processing and Mixed Workloads delivers a self-driving, self-securing, self-repairing database service that can instantly scale to meet demands of a variety of applications: mission-critical transaction processing, mixed transactions and analytics, IoT, JSON documents, and so on.
When you create an Autonomous Database, you can deploy it to one of two kinds of Exadata infrastructure:
- Shared, a simple and elastic choice. Oracle autonomously operates all aspects of the database life cycle from database placement to backup and updates.
- Dedicated on Public Cloud, a private cloud in public cloud choice. A completely dedicated compute, storage, network and database service for only a single tenant, providing for the highest levels of security isolation and governance.
- Dedicated on Cloud@Customer, Autonomous Database on dedicated infrastructure running on on Exadata Database Machine system in your data center, together with the networking configuration that connects it to Oracle Cloud.
Learn about Your Service
- What is Autonomous Database for transaction processing and mixed workloads?
- Step through a typical workflow
Access Your Database
- Monitor database performance
- Start and stop your database
- Connect to your database
Administer Database Users
- Create a user account
- Provide connection credentials to users
- Manage user privileges
Use Autonomous Database for Free
Autonomous Database provides an Always Free version you can use to learn about service capabilities. It also is useful for development and testing activities. The Always Free version is available at no cost for an unlimited time to Oracle Cloud Free Tier accounts and paying customers. You can have up to two Always Free databases per account. These databases are subject to certain limits on the available CPU, storage, and simultaneous connections. For further information, see Always Free Autonomous Database.