Each Autonomous Database instance includes a dedicated instance of Oracle Application Express; you can use this instance to create multiple workspaces. A workspace is a shared work area where you can build applications. You create workspaces in Application Express Administration Services.
Note:If your Autonomous Database is configured to use a Private Endpoint, then you can only access Oracle Application Express from clients in the same Virtual Cloud Network (VCN).
See Configuring Network Access with Private Endpoints for more information.
Perform the following prerequisite steps as necessary:
Open the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure console by clicking the next to Oracle Cloud.
- From the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure left navigation list click either Autonomous Data Warehouse, Autonomous Transaction Processing, or Autonomous JSON Database depending on the workload type of your Autonomous Database.
On the Autonomous Databases page select an Autonomous Database from the links under the Display Name column.
- To access Application Express Administration Services you can use the Oracle Cloud
Infrastructure console or the Autonomous Database
To access Application Express Administration Services from Autonomous Database Service Console:
- On the Autonomous Database details page click Service Console.
- Click Development.
- Click APEX.
To access Application Express Administration Services from the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure console:
- On the Autonomous Database details page click the Tools tab.
- In the Oracle Application Express area, click Open APEX.
The Application Express Administration Services sign-in page appears.
Note:If you already created a workspace, the Application Express workspace sign-in page appears instead. To open Administration Services, click Administration Services link.
- In the Password field, enter the password for the Autonomous Database
Application Express Administration Services and the Oracle Application Express development environment on Autonomous Database use Database Accounts Credential authentication. This authentication method uses the database account user name and password to authenticate users.
See Change the Administrator Password in Autonomous Database to change the password.
- Click Sign In to Administration.
When you sign in for the first time, follow the prompts to create an Application Express workspace. See Create Oracle Application Express Workspaces in Autonomous Database for more information.
You can also use Administration Services to manage your Application Express instance. See Oracle Application Express Administration Services in Oracle Application Express Administration Guide for more information.