Merge multiple columns in your transform, use a delimiter in your merge, assign a new name to the resulting column, and add a prefix or suffix to the contents of the column.
To merge columns:
- On the main authoring page, click the Merge Columns icon.The Column Merge dialog appears.
- From the Available Columns list, select the columns that you want to merge.You must select at least two columns to perform a merge.Select multiple columns by pressing the Ctrl key as you select the columns.
- Click the Push Selected icon.To use all the available columns, click the Push All icon.The selected columns appear in the Selected Columns list.
- In the Merge Column Name field, enter a name for the new column that contains your merged data. This field is required.
- In the Merge Delimiter field, assign a delimiter to place between data values in your merged data. The default delimiter is
<SPACE>. This field is required.
- Optionally, assign a prefix or suffix for your merged data by entering it in the Prefix or Suffix fields.
- Click Apply.
The transform displays a new merge column with the name that you assigned to it and the contents from the available columns that you selected for the merge.