As a enterprise user, you can use a content item component to help lay out a page and set up page interactions until you are ready to add the content items themselves.
When you drag and drop a content item from the Content panel onto a page, it automatically inserts a content item component to hold the item. If you add the component first, you can drag the content item from the Content panel onto the component at a later time.
To add a content item component to a page:
- Navigate to the page you want to edit and make sure that is set to Edit.
- Add the component to the page.
- To edit the content item component content, click its menu icon , and choose Edit, or select Settings to open the settings panel and click the edit icon .
- Make changes to the content item and click Save. The content item is saved as a new revision in the content repository.
- To edit the component appearance, click its menu icon , and choose Settings.
- Use the General tab to modify spacing, alignment, and other presentation options.
If a content item is assigned to the component, a thumbnail view of the content items is shown. If no content item is assigned yet, a placeholder image and message is displayed.
- Choose from the following to set additional defaults for the content that’s displayed.
Version to use: If you select Use latest version of asset and there is a newer, unpublished version of the content item, the newer version will be published automatically when the current site update is published. Unless specifically requested, all items will be the draft or latest versions.
Item View: Select the layout used to display the content item. The supplied Default layout shows all fields in the content item. If the content item has other, custom layouts designed for it, you can choose any available layout. If you select a custom layout that has Add support for custom settings when used in Sites enabled, then you can add custom data to the layout by clicking entering data into the Custom Data field, and then click Back to return to the General tab.
Page to display individual item: If you have designated one or more pages as a detail pages, they are listed here. Choose a page to display detailed information when a user clicks the link on a the content item to view detailed information.
Note:If you do not create a detail page, the link to display details is not shown for the content item in the default layout.
- Use the Style tab to format the frame that contains the component with predefined styles or with your own custom choices.