As a enterprise user, you can use a content placeholder component to dynamically display content items of one or more types.
For example, you can use a content item placeholder on a designated detail page and when a user clicks a link to get more detailed information for a particular content item, it will automatically load the detail view for the associated content item. For example, if there is a page with multiple articles, each with a headline and image, and the user clicks a particular article, the detail page displays the full article regardless of which article is chosen.
To add a content placeholder component to a page:
- Navigate to the page you want to edit and make sure that is set to Edit.
- Add the component to the page.
- To edit the component and its appearance, click its menu icon , and choose Settings.
- Use the General tab to modify spacing, alignment, and other presentation options.
- Choose from the following to set additional defaults for the content that’s displayed.
Content Type: Select one or more of the available content types. The content types are those of the content items in the site collection and include custom digital asset types.
Item View: Select the layout used to display the content item. The supplied Default layout shows all fields in the content item. If the content item has other, custom layouts designed for it, you can choose any available layout.
Page to display individual item: If you have designated one or more pages as a detail pages, they are listed here. Choose a page to display detailed information when a user clicks the link on a the content item to view detailed information.
Note:If you do not create a detail page, the link to display details is not shown for the content item in the default layout.
- Use the Style tab to format the frame that contains the component with predefined styles or with your own custom choices.