Each time you edit a site in the editor, you use an update. Any changes you make in the editor are part of that update.
To create and use an update:
- On the Sites page, select the site, and choose Open from the menu bar or the right-click menu.
- Set the Edit switch to Edit.
- If this is the first update for a site, enter a name for the update and an optional description, then click OK. You can use letters, numbers, underscores (_), and hyphens (-). If you enter a space, it's automatically replaced with a hyphen. To use an existing update, click the update in the list.
- The name of the site and current update are displayed in the top bar in the editor. If you have multiple updates, you can switch updates by selecting a different update from the list of updates.
- Add and change page content as necessary. Use different display size options to see how the page will look on different devices.
- When you’re done editing, click Save. When you’re ready to merge your changes with the base site, you can commit the update. You'll still need to publish the site before website users see the changes. See Publish Site Changes.