Oracle Content Management can integrate translation connectors by third-party translation providers for machine translation or manual translation services.
- If you're using Oracle Content Management Starter Edition, translation connectors aren't supported. To take advantage of the full feature set, upgrade to the Premium Edition.
- Translation connectors aren't used in business asset repositories.
Translation connectors must be created, configured and enabled by an administrator before being made available. By default, a translation connector by Lingotek is available, but you must have a Lingotek account to configure and enable it. To see a list of available translation connectors, click Integrations in the administration area of the side menu and select Translation Connectors from the page menu.
Creating, Configuring and Enabling a Translation Connector
Before a translation connector can be enabled, the connector must be configured with the proper account information required by the translation service. By default, Lingotek is available as a translation connector, but you will need to have a Lingotek account to configure and enable it. Oracle Content Management provides a link to request a trial account from Lingotek.
- Click Integrations in the administration area of the side menu and select Translation Connectors from the page menu.
- Click Create to make a new connector, or select the translation connector you want to configure and click Edit.
- Enter the information required by the translation service. For example, the Lingotek connector has an Additional Fields tab that requires a bearer token and workflow profile, both provided by Lingotek.
- Optionally, select any additional data fields that may be available from the translation service that you want added to every document in the translation job. For example, Lingotek allows a given set of metadata, like due dates and purchase order, to be specified in each document in the translation set.
- Once the translation connector is configured, click Save to return to the Integrations page and click Enable.
- Add the connector to a repository.