You can create new Microsoft Office files directly from the Oracle Content and Experience web client.
To create a new Microsoft Office file:
- In the Oracle Content and Experience web client, browse to where you want to create a new file and click Create, then select the type of Microsoft Office file you want to create. You can create a Word, PowerPoint, or Excel file.
- Enter a name and description (optional) for your file, then click Create.
- If you haven't already signed in to Microsoft Office Online, you'll be asked to do so.
The new file is saved to the Oracle Content and Experience folder from which you created the file. To return to the folder, click the link in the toolbar.
Keep these things in mind when you’re creating files:
- Try to keep file uploads smaller than 5 GB. Some web browsers can't process files bigger than that.
- If someone shared a folder with you, you must have at least a Contributor role in the folder to be able to create a file there. If you have a lesser role, you won't see the option to create a file.
- A new version of the file is created each time the file is autosaved.