In Oracle Identity Cloud Service, provision team members by creating user accounts and groups with associated roles.
Navigate to Your Oracle Identity Cloud Service Application
Oracle Identity Cloud Service is provided as part of your Digital Assistant service stack, and you use it to add and edit users, groups, and roles. For each Digital Assistant instance, you have an IDCS application.
To navigate to the IDCS application for an instance:
From the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Console, select the Instances tab.
- On the Instances tab, click the hyperlink for the Digital Assistant instance.
In the More Information bubble that appears, click the IDCS Application link.
- Note the name of the IDCS application. This will simplify navigating back to the IDCS application when you need to assign roles.
Add Digital Assistant team members by creating user accounts.
From Oracle Identity Cloud Service, click and select Users.
Enter the first name and last name of the user in the corresponding fields. Proceed to the next step to have the user log in with a user name or skip to Step 5 to have the user log in with an email address.
If the user is going to log in with a user name, enter the user name in the User Name field and enter the user’s email address in the Email field.
Be sure to clear the Use the email address as the user name option, which makes the user name the same as the user’s email address.
If the user is going to log in using an email address, make sure the Use the email address as the user name option is checked and enter the email address for the user account in the User Name/Email field.
Don’t use this option if the user name is currently in use, or had been in use, in the current domain. For existing (or previously existing) user names, a unique value will automatically be added to the email address to create a unique value for the user name.
Click Next if you want to assign the user to a group or click Finish.
To assign a group, just select the groups that you want to assign to this user account and click Finish.
The Details page is displayed for the user. An invitation email is sent to the user containing log in credentials to Digital Assistant.
Create groups to grant access to Digital Assistant instances to multiple users.
- From Oracle Identity Cloud Service, click and choose Groups .
- Click Add .
- Enter a name and a brief description of the group.
- Click Next.
- Select each user that you want to assign to the group and click Finish. (Use the Search field to locate a specific individual.)
Use roles to grant permissions and capabilities to the users in your Digital Assistant instance.
- Navigate back to the IDCS application for your Digital Assistant instance.From Oracle Identity Cloud Service, you can get there by clicking the Applications tab and then selecting the application.
- From the IDCS application, click the Application Roles tab.Digital Assistant has only one role available: ServiceDeveloper. Any user or group wanting to access your instance of Digital Assistant must have this role assigned.
- In the tile for the ServiceDeveloper role, click ) and select Assign Users or Assign Group.
- Select the users or groups that you want to assign the role to and click Assign.
Launch Digital Assistant
To launch the Digital Assistant digital assistant instance from the Infrastructure Console:
- From the Infrastructure Console, click the navigation menu in the top left corner, scroll down to the More Oracle Cloud Services section of the menu, expand Platform Services, and then click Digital Assistant.
Description of the illustration oci_console_platform_menu.png
- Click Instances.
In the row for the Digital Assistant instance, click and select Digital Assistant Designer UI.
Digital Assistant opens in a new browser window.