The first step in creating an integration is to create the connections to the applications with which you want to share data.
In the navigation pane, click Integrations, then click Connections.
Note:You can also create a connection in the integration canvas of:
The Create Connection — Select Adapter dialog is displayed.
Select an adapter from the dialog. You can also search for the type of adapter to use by entering a partial or full name in the Search field, and clicking Search.
The Create New Connection dialog is displayed.
Enter the information to describe the connection.
Enter a meaningful name to help others find your connection when they begin to create their own integrations. The name you enter is automatically added in capital letters to the Identifier field. If you modify the identifier name, do not include a blank space (for example,
Select the role (direction) in which to use this connection (trigger, invoke, or both). Only the roles supported by this adapter are displayed for selection. When you select a role, only the connection properties and security policies appropriate to that role are displayed on the Connections page. If you select an adapter that supports both invoke and trigger, but select only one of those roles, then try to drag the adapter into the section you did not select, you receive an error (for example, configure an Oracle Service Cloud (RightNow) Adapter as only an invoke, but drag the adapter to the trigger section).
Enter an optional description of the connection.
Description of the illustration create_new_connection.png
Your connection is created and you are now ready to configure connection details, such as email contact, connection properties, security policies, connection login credentials, and (for certain connections) agent group.
Add a Contact Email
You can add an optional contact email address for notifications.
- In the Email Address field, enter an optional email address. You do not receive automatic notifications at this address.
- In the upper right corner, click Save.
Configure Connection Properties
Enter connection information so your application can process requests.
- Click Configure Connectivity.
- Enter the URL used to connect to your application and process requests in the
Field Service API URL field. For production, the URL is https://api.etadirect.com. For development and testing, use the URL provided by Oracle when your Oracle Field Service instance is provisioned.
- Enter the instance ID in the Instance ID field.The instance ID is provided by Oracle when your Oracle Field Service instance is provisioned.
- Click OK.
- Configure connection security. See Configure Connection Security.
Configure Connection Security
Select the security policy and define the user credentials for the connection. User authentication restricts access to authorized users.
- Click Configure Credentials.
Selected Security Policy Fields Basic Authentication
- Username: Enter the name of a user with access to the destination web service.
- Password: Enter the password.
- Confirm Password: Re-enter the password.
- Client Id: Enter the registered client application key.
- Client Secret: Enter the registered client application secret.
- Confirm Client Secret: Reenter the registered client application secret.
- Click OK.
- Test connection connectivity. See Test the Connection.
Test the Connection
Test your connection to ensure that it is successfully configured.
- In the upper right corner of the page, click Test.
- If your adapter connection uses a WSDL, you are prompted to select the type of connection testing to perform:
If successful, the following message is displayed and the progress indicator shows 100%.
Validate and Test: Performs a full validation of the WSDL, including processing of the imported schemas and WSDLs. Complete validation can take several minutes depending on the number of imported schemas and WSDLs. No requests are sent to the operations exposed in the WSDL.
Test: Connects to the WSDL URL and performs a syntax check on the WSDL. No requests are sent to the operations exposed in the WSDL.
Connection connection_name was tested successfully.
- If your connection was unsuccessful, an error message is displayed with details. Verify that the configuration details you entered are correct.
- When complete, click Save, then click Close.