At any time, you can create a full backup of your Oracle Java Cloud Service instance.
In addition to scheduling regular backups, Oracle recommends that you manually create a backup before and after making major changes to your service instance.
You must enable backups on the service instance, if you did not enable backups when you originally created the service instance.
Wait for any maintenance operations on this service instance to complete, such as patching or scaling operations, before you begin.
- Access your service console.
- Click the name of the service instance for which you want to create a backup.
- On the Overview page, click the Administration tile.
- Click the Backup tab.
- Click Manage backups for this instance , and then select Backup Now.
- Select Include Database if you want to also back up the database that’s associated with this service instance.
This option is available only if your service instance is associated with an Oracle Database Cloud Service deployment. Coordinated backups are not available for service instances that are associated with other database services.
- If you select Keep Forever, then this backup can only be deleted manually. If not selected, this backup will be deleted at the end of the current backup retention period for this service instance.
If you select the Include Database option and if the Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) option is enabled on your database, then this option does not apply to the database backup. The database instance’s retention policy determines how long the database backup is kept.
- For Notes, enter up to 255 characters of text to provide additional information about the backup (for example, when to restore from this backup, why the backup was created, or the state of the service instance at the time of the backup).
- Click Back Up.
- To check the status of the backup operation, periodically click Refresh .