You can delete an existing backup of an Oracle Java Cloud Service instance.
You might want to delete a backup for the following reasons:
The backup is no longer needed.
To prevent users from restoring the service instance from this backup
To free up storage space
- Access your service console.
- Click the name of the service instance for which you want to manage backups.
- On the Overview page, click the Administration tile.
- Click the Backup tab.
- Under Available Backups, beside the backup that you want to delete, click Menu , and then select Delete.
- If you selected a full backup that is linked to one or more incremental backups, select the check box to confirm that both the full and incremental backups will be deleted.
- Click Delete.