After installing the data collector, you must verify the installation.
- Access the Oracle Management Cloud console from My Services.
- Click the OMC Navigation menu, and then click Agents under Administration.This displays the Oracle Management Cloud Agents page.
- Click Data Collectors on the left navigation pane.
- Check Agent Display Name column from the agent list to see if the host name of your deployed data collector exists on the list of available data collectors.You can right click on the agent list to select the specific columns that you want to see on the list.
- Select your deployed data collector.The Last Check In column displays how much time has passed since the agent was last checked in/deployed.The Actions column displays a menu with different actions available.
- Click Actions menu and select View Details.
The View Details action opens up a window with agent details like host name, agent version, OS platform and logs location. You can also see the registration key value that you used when you deployed the agent. At the bottom of the window, you can see a History section with Operation Type and Status information. Operation Type will list the operations performed on the specific agent (for example: install, upgrade, deinstall or delete) along with a link to the Lifecycle Tasks details page to see details of the specific operation. See Agent Lifecycle Tasks for more details.
You can also use the following
omcli command from the
<AGENT_BASE_DIRECTORY>/agent_inst/bin directory to verify whether the data collector was successfully deployed:
./omcli status agent