You can add Apache Zookeeper entities using the Add Entity UI or using the cloud agent command line interface (
omcli) with the appropriate JSON files.
Apache Kafka discovery is integrated with Apache Zookeeper discovery and cannot be added by itself. If you want to include Apache Kafka, you need to perform prerequisite configuration tasks. See Apache Kafka for details.
Note:If the Apache Kafka prerequisite configuration tasks are not performed, Zookeeper discovery will proceed and will not be impacted. Details on the missing Kafka prerequisites can be viewed by running the
omcli status_entity -verboseoption with WARNING level severity.
Step 2: Decide how you want to add the Apache Zookeeper.
You can add Apache Zookeeper entities using one of the following methods:
- Add them from UI
- Use the agent's
omcli add_entitycommand with the appropriate JSON files
Adding Entities from the UI
- From the Management Cloud main menu, select Administration, Discovery, and then Add Entity. The Add Entity page displays.
- Select the Apache Zookeeper Entity Type.
- Enter the following UI properties.
Apache Zookeeper UI Fields
- Entity Name: Name of this entity displayed in the Oracle Management Cloud console.
- Host Name: Zookeeper host name.
- Zookeeper listening port: Zookeeper port used to listen for client connections.
- Cloud Agent: Cloud agent monitoring the host where Apache Zookeeper is installed.
See Add Entities from the Console for detailed instructions on using the Add Entity UI.
omcli and the Appropriate JSON Files
- Download and extract the required JSON file(s) from the master JSON zip file. See the table below for the specific JSON files you'll need.
- Edit the file(s) and specify the requisite properties shown below.
Apache Zookeeper JSON Files and Properties
Definition File: omc_apache_zookeeper.json
- listen_port: Zookeeper port used to listen for client connections.
- host_name: Zookeeper host name.
- Add the entity using
omcli add_entity agent DEFINITION_FILE [-credential_file CREDENTIAL_FILE [-encryption_method_gpg]]
- Verify the status of the newly added entity.
omcli status_entity agent DEFINITION_FILE
Step 3: (Optional but recommended) Set up alerts.
To enable lights-out monitoring, you can set up alert rules to generate alerts and send notifications if your entities have performance issues.See Set Up Alert Rules and Set Up Alert Thresholds and Notifications.