You can add Oracle Clusterware entities using the cloud agent command line interface (
omcli) with the appropriate JSON files.
Note:Oracle Management Cloud allows you to add all database components (DB, ASM, listener, etc.) as a single composite entity via the Oracle database system entity type. See Add Oracle Database Systems.
Step 1: Prepare Oracle Clusterware for monitoring.
|Prerequisite for Remote Monitoring|
SSH must be set up between the machine where the Cloud agent is installed and the machine where CRS is installed, The Cloud agent connects to the remote machine where CRS is installed via SSH authentication.
Step 2: Add the Oracle Clusterware using
omcli and the Appropriate JSON Files
- Download and extract the required JSON file(s) from the master JSON zip file. See the table below for the specific JSON files you'll need.
- Edit the file(s) and specify the requisite properties shown below.
Oracle Clusterware (CRS) JSON Files and Properties
Definition File: omc_oracle_clusterware_sample.json
- scan_name : Scan name for the cluster
- cluster_name : Cluster name
- scan_port : Scan port for the cluster
- oracle_home : CRS home base directory
- omc_sshd_port : SSH port value for remote monitoring
- credential_ref : "credentialRefs":["remote_sshcreds"] → for SSH Key based authentication
- SSHUserName: Your SSH user used to remotely log onto the listener host
- SSHUserPassword : Your SSH host Password. Optional , if there is a passwordless SSH setup. In this case, provide a private key field
- SSH_PVT_KEY: Path of your private key file. This private key is optional if the keys are generated at default location <user home>/.ssh
- sshdHost: Your Cluster Host Name
- sshdPort: SSH port
- Add the entity using
omcli add_entity agent DEFINITION_FILE [-credential_file CREDENTIAL_FILE [-encryption_method_gpg]]
- Verify the status of the newly added entity.
omcli status_entity agent DEFINITION_FILE
Step 3: (Optional but recommended) Set up alerts.
To enable lights-out monitoring, you can set up alert rules to generate alerts and send notifications if your entities have performance issues.See Set Up Alert Rules and Set Up Alert Thresholds and Notifications.