Creating report definitions is an optional step when building custom reports. This allows other users to have access to the report.
To create report definitions:
- From Home, select Reports.
- Select Reports, then Actions, and then New
- In New Report, enter:
Select a query.
Click Browse and then Browse to a report template. You can upload any supported Oracle Business Intelligence Publisher template format. See Creating a Template
Select the Group Name for the report.
Display to User
Select if you want the report displayed to a user. For example, if a report is in progress, the user would clear this option.
Select an Output Format that BI Publisher supports from one of the following:
- XLSX - not supported for graphs.
- HTML - not supported for graphs and charts.
- CSV - does not use template and is better at faster data retrieval.
CSV (Formatted) - is best suited for a simple data table with formatted data and does not support images, graphics, or styling in the template.
The CSV (Formatted) format takes additional time to generate the report to honor template formatting when compared to the CSV format. Therefore, you can select CSV to generate the data quickly or CSV (Formatted) to generate formatted template based data.
When there are a large number of records, the XLS, XLSX, HTML, PDF, and CSV(Formatted) will take longer than the CSV format.
- To complete the report definition, you must set the access:
- Select the Access tab.
- Select Actions, and then Add.
- .Select the Application Module and the Role.