Oracle Commerce is a scalable, flexible eCommerce solution designed specifically to run in the Oracle Cloud. The service provides the infrastructure and tools necessary to build a highly customizable, feature-rich storefront for your business.
Commerce comprises the following core pieces:
- The Commerce administration interface, which you use to design and manage your store. You
access it through the URL given to you by Oracle when you subscribe to the service.
The URL is similar to the following:
- Your storefront, located at the URL Oracle provides. Initially you are provided with a test version of the site, which you modify through the administration interface to create your own store.
- The Agent Console, which your customer service representatives can use to assist shoppers with their orders. The Agent Console is typically located at
<youroracledomain.com>/occs-agent/#. The Agent Console is described in Understand the Agent Console.
Note: Oracle supplies you with three separate environments as part of your subscription: testing (also called development), staging, and production. The URLs for the three components shown above vary for each environment.
Commerce also provides the following pieces:
- Developer features for extending the capabilities of your store, including a set of REST APIs and tools for customizing widgets. See Understand Extension Features and Create a Widget .
- Integrations with third-party vendors (for example, tax calculation services and payment processors) and other Oracle Cloud services. For more information on the integrations available, refer to the Oracle Help Center page for Commerce.