By default, a view is displayed on the Views page to all users who have the ability to browse it. You can control which users can see a view on the Views page by creating a filter for that view in the View inspector.
For example, suppose you had a GL application that contained two different geographical regions, and you've created specific views for each region that have top nodes and labels tailored to that region. You can configure the views so that users see only the views specific to their region in the Views list.
While creating a filter to include or exclude users from a view determines which views are visible to a user on the Views page, it does not affect their actual access to a view. A user can still navigate to a viewpoint in a view from the request worklist, or invitations to approve or collaborate. The filter merely determines which views are displayed on the Views page for that user.
To configure how a view is displayed in the views list:
- Inspect the view that you want to configure. See Inspecting a View.
- On the General tab, click Edit.
- In Show on Views Page, select an option:
- Include All Users with Data Access (default): View is visible to all users who have at least browse access (that is, Participant (Read) access to all data chain objects in at least one viewpoint in the view) to the view.
- Include Only These Users: View is visible only to users who have browse access to the view that you specify.
Exclude These Users: View is visible to all users who
have browse access to the view except the users that you specify.
Note:You cannot exclude View Owners or Service Administrators.
- If you selected Include Only These Users or
Exclude These Users, use the drop down list to select the
users or groups to include or exclude. The drop down list displays the following
users and groups:
- Users with at least browse access to the view
- All groups, regardless of permissions or data access
- Click Save.
Note:You specify users to include or to exclude. You cannot specify separate lists of users to include and users to exclude.