You can export from one or more viewpoints that are bound to a dimension in an external Oracle E-Business Suite General Ledger application. You export to comma-delimited files. The files are designed to be loaded into E-Business Suite General Ledger staging tables. You must create your own process to do this.
It's a best practice to validate the viewpoints bound to the dimension prior to performing the export to ensure data integrity, see Understanding Validations and Constraints.
Use the Validate Before Export option to validate the viewpoint automatically when you export a dimension. See Managing Export Options.
Before you begin:
- To export, you need a minimum of Data Manager permission on the application or dimension.
- Nodes and hierarchical relationships are exported in the order they are in Oracle Enterprise Data Management Cloud. If you want nodes and hierarchical relationships to be exported in alphanumeric order, you can open the dimension's hierarchy set and clear Use Custom Order.
- You can edit the binding keys for a dimension to change the order of the export columns or to specify the direction of each column in the export file. See Editing Binding Keys.
- You can export a defined keyword instead of a null or blank value. See Managing Export Options.
- When you export dimensions, a ZIP file is created that contains the following CSV (comma-delimited) files. (The import into E-Business Suite General Ledger is case-sensitive).
GL_HIERARCHY_INTERFACE.CSV— contains the parent-child structure for the individual hierarchies.
GL_SEGVALUES_INTERFACE.CSV— contains all the nodes in the dimension as well as the properties for them.
To export a dimension:
From Applications, find your application, then click , and then select Export.
In the left column, select the dimension to export.
Optional: In the Summary section, click the dimension name to modify the export options for the dimension in the inspector. See Inspecting Dimensions.
From Export Target, select File. An export file name is generated. The default file name is Application Name_Dimension Name_Date, for example EBSGL_Account_20200123.csv, and can be edited before running the export. Your browser settings define the download location.
The output of this file needs to be loaded into the E-Business Suite General Ledger staging tables.
Optional: After the export is complete, if there are validation errors in the export you can click the viewpoint name to open the viewpoint and resolve them. See Resolving Validation Issues. When you have finished resolving the validation issues, from the viewpoint window click Return to Export to return to the export screen.
You can also export dimensions using EPM Automate (see exportDimension in Working with EPM Automate for Oracle Enterprise Performance Management Cloud) or a REST API (see Exporting Dimensions in REST API for Oracle Enterprise Data Management Cloud Service).