Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Identity and Access Management (OCI IAM) merges the capabilities of Oracle Identity Cloud Service (IDCS), and is the access control plane for Oracle Cloud.
OCI IAM requires Account Administrators and Identity Domain Administrators to use Multifactor Authentication (MFA) to access Oracle Cloud Console (IAM). With MFA enabled in the IAM service, when a user signs in to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, they are prompted for their user name and password, which is the first factor (something that they know). The user is then prompted to provide a second verification code from a registered MFA device, which is the second factor (something that they have). The two factors work together, requiring an extra layer of security to verify the user’s identity and complete the sign-in process.
Install Autheticator App
Before enabling secure verification using MFA, install a supported authenticator app on your mobile device. Examples of authenticator apps are Oracle Mobile Authenticator and Google Authenticator. You'll use the app to register your device and then you'll use the same app (on the same device) to generate a time-based one-time passcode (TOTP) every time you sign in.
Access Oracle Cloud Console (IAM)
Follow the instructions below to access Oracle Cloud Console (IAM):
- Using a browser, go to https://www.oracle.com/cloud/sign-in.html
If the Cloud Account Name does not display, click the link in Sign In using a Cloud Account Name.
- Enter your Cloud Account Name. This is the name that you chose when you first signed up for Oracle Enterprise Performance Management Cloud account, and click Next.
- In Cloud Account Sign In page, enter your user name and password, and then click
- In the Navigation drawer, click Users, and then
identity (Primary) to open the User
- On the Users tab, click the link here to open Oracle Cloud Console (IAM).
Note:This message confirms that you are on OCI IAM. You can bookmark this link to directly launch the Oracle Cloud Console (IAM).
Click Enable Secure Verification.
- Click Mobile App. Download and configure the mobile
- Scan the QR code that is generated by the IAM service and displayed in the
Your mobile device is now registered with the IAM service and your account is enabled for MFA. When you sign into Oracle Cloud Console (IAM), it will now send a notification to your mobile device. Open the notification in the app, and then tap Allow to continue.