- Remember that the Note Template name cannot be changed once created.
- Use the Note template property "Editable" to lock down all Notes from a template for editing.
- To keep all note and other report object content on one page, set the Note Template size to Fixed and set a character limit.
- When should a separate Note Template be created?
- Separate Note Templates should be created for different types of narrative displayed in a report, especially when separated by other report objects such as grids and charts. –
- You can reuse a Note Template in another report for narrative collection using a different POV, if possible.
- You can remove POV dimensions that won’t be used for Note entry or reporting via the Note Template dimension layout. However, once a Note is created from the Note Template, the dimension layout cannot be modified.
- Use the POV selections to restrict or allow entry to specific time periods and other dimensions from period to period –Select multiple members for a dimension, where users can select a member and enter their respective Notes (e.g. Entity or Department dimensions)
- Use "Display Suggestions Only" in a POV dimension so the user cannot select members other than those listed.
- Upon roll-forward, you can change the POV selections for Time-related dimensions, so users only enter Notes for the current reporting period