Consolidation hierarchies in Strategic Modeling represent the structure of your organization. You can include many models in your consolidation so that the data from those models only are included in the consolidated model. Consolidation helps determine how changing business unit conditions affect the earnings of the company to enable you to make informed decisions about business units.
To build a consolidation hierarchy:
- Access Strategic Modeling as a Service Administrator.
- Click Consolidation View and then Add.
- Enter a name for the consolidation and then click (OK).
- Click the name of the new consolidation to open it.
- Click (Add) to list all existing models that you can add to the consolidation.
- Drag and drop models into the consolidation.
- Click Close when you are done.