From the on-premises environment, export group information from Native Directory to create the
Groups that are used to grant access to application artifacts are identified in the Inheritance Information column of the Provision Report. See Identify On-Premises Users and Groups. Using the information in this column as a guide, edit
Groups.csv to remove the groups that are not used to grant access permissions to artifacts in your on-premises environment.
Groups.csv file that you generate doesn't contain information about groups from external directories that you used in the on-premises environment to grant access to artifacts. You must add information about such groups into
The following is a sample
Groups.csv file to load two groups:
plan_grp1 with child group
plan_grp9 and user member
#group id,provider,name,description,internalid plan_grp1,Native Directory,plan_grp1, , plan_grp9,Native Directory,Plan_grp9, , #group_children (user members of group) id,group_id,group_provider,user_id,user_provider Plan_grp1, , ,jdoe,Native Directory #group_children (group members of group) id,group_id,group_provider,user_id,user_provider plan_grp9,plan_grp1,Native Directory, , ,
Groups.csv file is used to create groups in the cloud environment using Access Control. You use these groups to recreate access control, similar to those that exist in the on-premises application, on artifacts.
- In the on-premises deployment, log in as a Shared Service Administrator.
- Select Navigate, Administer, and then Shared Services Console.
- In the View pane, expand Application Groups, and Foundation, and then select Shared Services.
Right-click Groups, and then select Export for Edit.
Using a text editor, open
Groups.csvfrom the location where you stored it.
- Delete information for groups that are not used to provide access control on artifacts belonging to the application you are migrating.
- Add information about the external groups (see Inheritance Information column of the Provision Report) that are used to provide access control on artifacts belonging to the application you are migrating.
Save and close
- Using a text editor, open