You can configure different time frames for the Plan and Forecast scenarios.
To configure the time frame for plans:
- In Current Fiscal Year, select the current fiscal year.
- From Period, select the current actual month. You need to update this value on a monthly basis.
- From Plan Start Year, indicate if planners will plan in the current or next fiscal year.
- Click Plan, and then the Years column to select the number of years to configure. For example, to configure the first five years of a ten year application, select 5 Years.
Selecting period granularity (i.e. Monthly, Quarterly, Yearly) has no impact on the Strategic Workforce module.
- Click Forecast and repeat these steps to specify the forecasting basis.
This configuration task sets all required substitution variables.
In Workforce and Strategic Workforce, rules, templates, and forms allow different planning years for the Plan and Forecast scenarios in each module.
Workforce and Strategic Workforce business rules and templates use methods that read the start year and end year from the Planning and Forecast Preparation configuration task separately for the Plan and Forecast scenario for each module.
Forms display based on the start and end years for the Plan and Forecast using valid intersections. Valid intersections, OWP_SWP_Scenario Years and OWP_SWP_Scenario Years_Reporting, are created for Strategic Workforce to support the different year ranges for the Plan and Forecast scenarios.
Alternate hierarchies are created in the Account dimension to support differences in Workforce and Strategic Workforce. If both modules are enabled, the Account dimension is added to the appropriate valid intersections referencing these alternate hierarchies to distinguish between Workforce and Strategic Workforce accounts.
To create custom rules or templates for Strategic Workforce, use these functions rather than the &OEP_YearRange substitution variable:
Module name and Scenario name must be enclosed in double quotation marks.
Tip:If you want to create or edit rules to customize your planning and forecasting tasks, you can use Planning Formula Expressions in your rules to call the configured time horizon information such as
Module names are not case sensitive and must be enclosed in double quotation marks:
See Scenarios in Designing with Calculation Manager for Oracle Enterprise Performance Management Cloud.