With flex forms, you can rearrange row dimensions, sort them, and insert valid members or aliases from corresponding dimensions.
Perform a refresh prior to submitting data in the modified form Smart View. Upon refresh, invalid members, comments, and empty rows are removed and the Submit Data button is enabled.
To work with a flex form:
- Connect to a data source.
- In the Smart View Panel, expand the tree list, then right-click the form you want to open, and then select Open flex form.
In the tree list in the Smart View Panel, the following icon indicates a flex form:
- Modify the data as per your requirements.
For example, some actions you may perform are:
- Rearrange or move row members
- Insert rows
- Sort rows using the Sort button on the Excel Data ribbon
- Filter on row members or data using the Sort & Filter on the Excel Home ribbon or the Filter button on the Excel Data ribbon
- Sort row members using the Sort & Filter button on the Excel Home ribbon, the Sort button on the Excel Data ribbon, or the filter on the form
- Run a business rule
- Delete rows
The Submit Data button is disabled when you edit row members. Filtering is not considered editing; if you only add filters, you may still submit data.
In the Smart View Options dialog, Formatting tab, the Repeat Member Labels is required to be enabled for flex forms. You may attempt to clear the check box, but upon refresh, the check box will again be selected and the Repeat Member Labels option will be enabled.
- Click Refresh.
On refresh, Smart View maintains modifications and removes invalid members from the form.
The Submit Data button is enabled only after the refresh. However, the modified form layout is not stored on the server; it is maintained only in the context of the current session.
- To submit changed data, in the Planning ribbon, click Submit Data.
The Submit Data button is enabled only after refresh.
- To revert to the original flex form layout, reopen the flex form.
The modified form is not stored on the server; it is maintained only in the context of the current session. Reopening the flex form reverts the flex form layout to its original state.