The Reference doclet author may want to update existing content in a Reference doclet. For example, refresh a profitability table with new data. Any updates made in the Reference doclet are automatically refreshed in the doclets that consume the Excel content when the Reference doclet is checked in.
It’s recommended to limit the number of available contents defined within one reference doclet or reference file to 30 or less. You must ensure that the size of the reference doclet or reference file should be less than 5 MB.
If a doclet contains more than 30 available contents, or size more than 5 MB then you may encounter extended processing time while checking in doclet, and the doclet may fail to check-in.
To update Excel Based Available Content in a Reference Doclet:
- Select the Reference doclet in the report package and select the and then Act on Content and select Check Out.
- Select Act on Content again and select Download.
- Using native Microsoft Office Excel, make any updates you would like to the Microsoft Office Excel file and save it locally. For example, modify doclet content in Microsoft Office Excel or refresh Oracle Smart View for Office queries.
- After you are done with your updates, select the and then Act on Content and select Upload. The Upload File dialog is displayed.
- Select from the Upload File dialog to select the Microsoft Office Excel file you updated.
- Select Ok to upload the file.
Note:If a doclet author re-named an existing named range in Microsoft Office Excel, the re-named named range appears as a new named range and any report content links are broken and a warning message is displayed. See Remapping Available Content within a Reference Doclet or File.
- If you are satisfied with your changes, select Act on Content and select Check In. The report package automatically refreshes all doclets with doclet content from the Reference doclet.