Administrators and Power Users are able to import data for multiple entities for a specific data collection period and a specific dataset. This feature is useful for Administrators and Power Users to bulk populate forms using some source data from another system or to prepopulate a few columns so that the preparer only has to input data values. Loading of data is allowed for forms in the following workflow states: Pending, Open with Preparer, or Open with Approver. It is not allowed for forms that are in a Closed workflow status.
You can use either the Replace or Update options.
Replace - Clears any data within the form and replaces it with the values from the source file. Any fields absent in the source file will be blank in the form after the import process.
Update- Updates only the values that are included in the source file. Other values are not affected.
To load data across entities:
- From the Data Set Dashboard, select the Data Collection Period in the View dropdown.
- Select the Data Set you want to load to, and then from Actions, select Import.
- From the Import data into data set dialog, browse to the CSV file you want to load. An example of a load file across several entities is shown. Note that the Entity column has multiple entity dimension members.
- Select Replace to clear all data and replace it with the data from the source file, or Update to update only the data that is included in the source file.
- Select the date format, then click Import.
The Status displays showing you whether there are any errors or warnings and the Total Entities, Entities Updated, as well as Total Rows Created or Updated.