Administrators and Power Users are able to import data for a specific data collection period and a specific collection. This feature is useful for Administrators and Power Users to bulk populate forms using some source data from another system, or to prepopulate a few columns so that the preparer only has to input data values. Loading of data is allowed for forms with the following workflow status: Pending, Open with Preparer, or Open with Approver. It is not allowed for forms that are in a Closed workflow status.
You can use either the Replace or Update options.
Replace - Clears any data within the form and replaces it with the values from the source file. Any fields absent in the source file will be blank in the form after the import process.
Update- Updates only the values that are included in the source file. Other values are not affected.
To load data:
- On the Home page, click Data, and then Supplemental Data Analysis.
- Select the collection and populate the POV members and then from Actions, select Import.
- Browse to the CSV file that you want to load. An example of a load file is show for a collection with Entity as the workflow dimension.
- Select Replace to clear all data and replace it with the data from the source file, or Update to update only the data that is included in the source file.
- Select the date format, then click Import.
The Status displays showing you whether there are any errors or warnings and the Total Entities, Entities Updated, as well as Total Rows Created or Updated.