As an administrator, you can monitor the data storage for your Oracle IoT Intelligent Applications Cloud Service. Use the Data Storage page to review storage data in the system, to set up or adjust the time window for data retention, and to run data deletion jobs.
When you log in to your IoT application as an administrator, a notification appears with details on the storage capacity used. Notifications may also appear periodically for every 10% of capacity that is used up. High-priority notifications are sent after you have used up more than half of the storage capacity. You can use the Data Storage page to manage your storage capacity.
- Summary: Shows you the total data storage capacity available for your account, and the currently used up capacity. Depending on your current usage, the status is indicated using one of the following colors:
- Green: Indicates that more than 50% of the available capacity remains.
- Orange: Indicates that between 25% and 50% of the available capacity remains. A recommendation on ways to manage your data is also included.
- Red: Indicates that less than 25% of the available capacity remains, and you must take steps to manage your storage data.
- Data Management: Lets you manage data, change settings, and create data deletion jobs. The data capacity usage percentages are shown category-wise:
- Device Data: Comprises sensor data, application messages, log messages, and other device related data.
- Metric Data: Comprises data specific to metrics or KPIs.
- Training Data: Comprises training data, such as training models and scoring information for your analytics artifacts.
You can select the data life span for each category. The data life span is the time period for which data is retained. By default, past data is never deleted, and data is retained forever for each of the data types.
You can choose to create data deletion jobs to delete selective data. A data deletion job lets you select the data type and time span for which you wish to delete data.
Perform Data Management Tasks
Use the Data Management section to manage data storage settings for your application. You can select the data life span for the various data types. You can also create data deletion jobs to delete selective data.
- Click Menu () and then click App Settings .
- Click Data Storage.
- To change the data life span, click Edit under Data Life Span. The Data Life Span section appears under the Data Management section.
- Select the data life span for Device Data, Metric Data, and Training Data. The default data life span setting for each data type is to Keep Forever.
- Click Save to save your settings.
- Select the data life span for Device Data, Metric Data, and Training Data.
- (Optional) To run a data deletion job, click Create Data Deletion Job.
- Select one or more data types for which you wish to delete data.The available choices are:
- Device Data
- Metric Data
- Training Data
- Under Delete Data, choose the time period for which you wish to delete the data.For example, you may want to delete training data that is Older than 30 days.
You can also choose a custom Time Range for which to delete data. For example, you may wish to delete data for a particular day or hour.
- Click Delete to create the delete job.You can monitor the job progress, and the number of records that were deleted, under the Data Deletion Jobs section. When the data delete job completes, its status changes from In Progress to Completed.
- Select one or more data types for which you wish to delete data.