Register a Firehose Service
Firehose enables third-parties to build a service that receives a notification when a marketer performs an action in Eloqua. This is essentially a web-hook that will be triggered when a marketer does things like creating or editing a campaign, or creating or updating an email etc.
These fields are present for all services:
- Name: the name of the service
- Description: describes what the service does
- 32x32px Icon: the URL of the icon that Eloqua should display for your service. The URL must be
- Notification URL: the URL that Eloqua will call out to with the notification. This is a templated URL.
- Subscribed Events: defines which events trigger a call out to the external application. The service configuration page includes a list of valid asset types and the event types supported for each asset, as well as examples of valid patterns.
When you’re done configuring your service, click Save. A green alert message will appear at the top of the page indicating the service has been successfully saved.