Creating custom campaign fields
Custom campaign fields are used in Oracle Eloqua to provide additional metadata related to your campaigns, primarily for reporting purposes. Administrators can configure the custom fields in the setup area of the application.
To create a custom campaign field:
- Click Settings .
- Click Fields & Views in the Database Setup area.
- Click Add in the lower-left corner of the screen, then click Add Campaign Field.
- Provide a descriptive name of the custom field and a description.
- Select the Data type from the drop-down list. The options are: Date, Numeric, and Text.
- Select the type of value allowed for the field from the Field type drop-down list. The options vary depending on the data type.
- To allow users to select one or more values from a picklist, select Multi-Select Picklist and choose the picklist.
- To allow users to select one option for a picklist, select Picklist and choose the picklist.
- To allow users to type a value, select Textbox.
Note: If you need a new picklist, see
- Type a number into the Display Index field.
- Configure the additional options for the field:
- To make the field a mandatory field, select the Campaign Field is required check box. Users will not be able to successfully save a campaign if they do not provide a value for a required custom campaign field.
- To make the field read-only, select the Campaign Field is read only check box. Users will not be able to change the field.
- Click Save when you are finished.