Restricting access using an IP allowlist
You can restrict access to Oracle Eloqua by setting up an allowlist of IP addresses. Any user who tries to log in from a computer with an IP address not included in the allowlist will not be able to log in.
IP allowlists let you to:
- Prevent unauthorized users from using Oracle Eloqua credentials.
- Ensure that former employees can no longer access Oracle Eloqua. Most organizations disable internal and VPN network access when an employee exits.
Before you begin:
- Identify the IP address that you need to allow. This can be a range of IP address or a specific list. If your network uses subnets, you can use the slash notation for your network masks. A tool like the online subnet mask calculator is helpful in finding the slash notation (called “mask bits” in the calculator).
- If you are using Oracle Eloqua AppCloud apps, you must allow the IP addresses used to host the apps. You can allow all IP addresses used by the apps using the Add Internal Eloqua IPs option described below.
- In order for the Oracle Eloqua support team to troubleshoot issues with your environment, you must allow support's various IP addresses.
To restrict access using an IP allowlist:
- Click Settings .
- Click Security in the Users and Security area.
- Click IP.
- Click Create IP Address Range.
- Enter the name of the IP address.
- Choose an option:
- To restrict access to a range of IP addresses, select IP Range or IP V6 Range and enter the IP range.
- To restrict access to a specific IP address, select Specific IP Block and enter the IP address.
- To restrict access to a range of IP addresses using a subnet mask, select Network Mask and enter the beginning IP address of the IP range followed by the network mask using slash notation. For example, the /24 subnet mask is equal to a 255.255.255.0 subnet mask and includes the addresses 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52. The online subnet mask calculator can help you find the mask (called “mask bits” in the calculator).
- Click Save.
- Repeat the steps for all IP addresses required.
Important: After you have created your full IP address allowlist, confirm the list before continuing. This can help prevent locking users out.
- If you are using Oracle Marketing Apps, click Add Internal Eloqua IPs on the IP Allowlist - Disabled window. This allows appropriate IP address required to continue using the apps.
- Click Enable IP Address Restriction to restrict access using the IP allowlist you created.