Viewing and editing program details
Note: The program builder is an application separate from the Program Canvas. Program Canvas is an easy to use, drag-and-drop whiteboard that allows you to transform data within Oracle Eloqua in real-time.
To view or edit the Program details:
Navigate to Orchestration > Tools, then click Program Builder.
Under the Programs tab on the left panel, locate the program you want to edit. You have three options to achieve this:
Expand the All Programs with their Feeders drop-down, then click the + symbol next to a folder in order to navigate into that folder.
Expand the My Recent Items drop-down to access a list of recently created or accessed programs available to you.
Type the first few letters of a user profile into the Quick Search field, then press Enter.
Click the drop-down menu next to the name of the program, then click Edit Program.
Edit the program settings as needed. At a minimum, a name needs to be assigned in the Program Name field. Other more advanced options are also available:
- Description: Used for a detailed description of the program (if required).
- Place in Folder: Select the folder in the Tree View in which the program will be placed once saved. If you leave this set to the default, then the program is saved to the Unfiled system folder.
- Contact Owner Field: If applicable, set the contact owner Field to identify the "business" owner of the contacts. For example, this might be an owner or owner ID field.
- Process Ownership Rule to use when uploading contacts: Select an existing rule from the ...Ownership Rule drop-down in order process contacts when they are uploaded. This is used to set the default ownership of the member (contact, prospect, company, and so on). The step awaits action by the step owner or executes an automated action on behalf of the step owner.
- Custom Object Records from this set may be used: Custom object records from the selected set may be used in this program. This allows you to select the custom object that can be allowed to enter the program.
- Run Mode: The run mode is read-only and shows you whether the program is enabled or disabled. By default for a new program, this is left disabled, ensuring you have full editing capabilities. The program can also be placed in testing mode.
- Allow Members to enter the program multiple times: Allow members to enter the program multiple times. If this is checked, a member is allowed to flow through a program more than once. If unchecked, a given member is only allowed to enter the program once. If they are removed from the program, they cannot re-enter. We don't want any contacts to enter this program more than once, so make sure this check box is not selected. Note that a message about re-enabling this feature appears when you save the details.
- Automatically Disable program on specified date: Select this option, then select a date and time from the picklists, to make sure that a program stops running at a specified date and time. This is to prevent activity after a specific cutoff date (for example, after the end of a contest or promotion or after an event has taken place).
- Default member type: Set up the default member type associated with the program (contacts, prospects, companies, or custom object records).
- Click Save when you are finished editing the program details.
The program has been updated with your changes.