Setting permissions for assets
Once you create an asset, you have full permissions for that asset. You can also specify the level of access to that asset (file) for other users or security groups.
Note: Administrators can also set and modify the default asset permissions that are automatically applied to other users or groups when a certain type of asset is created. Setting your own permissions in the manner described below will override those default permissions on that particular asset.
To set permissions for assets:
Navigate to an asset-specific menu.
Open an existing asset file, or create a new one.
Click Actions, then click Permissions.
Select for users and groups the level of access to this asset using the check boxes. You can add and remove users and groups to the list using the and buttons, respectively.
Each row signifies a security group or individual user, and each column signifies a type of access to the asset:
- View: Selecting this allows the user or group to search for and open the file.
- Edit: Selecting this allows the user or group to modify the file.
- Delete: Selecting this allows the user or group to delete the file.
- Set Security: Selecting this allows the user or group to modify the permissions for this file.
You can add and remove users and groups to the list using the and buttons.
- Click Save to close the modal window.
- Click Save when you are finished editing the asset.
You have modified the permissions for this asset. Selected users and groups are granted access to this asset.