The Year dimension represents the fiscal or calendar year for data.
When you create an application, you specify the range of years for the application. The system provides a default range, which you can change.
The system builds the Year dimension based on the range that you specified. You can increase the range of years after the application is created; however, you cannot decrease the range.
To define the Years Dimension:
- From the Home Page, select Application, then Overview, and then the Dimensions tab.
- Click Years, and select the Edit Dimension Properties tab set the properties.
- Optional: Select the appropriate optional properties for your application:
- Enter a Description for the dimension.
- Select an Alias Table, if available.
- Enter an Alias name for the dimension.
- Select Two Pass Calculation.
- Check to Apply Security.
- Select the type of Data Storage to be applied to the dimension:
- Under Display Option, select whether you want to display the Member Name or Alias in reports.
- Select Hierarchy Type, if available.
- Under Cube, select which cubes you want to use. You can enable Consol, Rates, or CbCR.
- Under Custom Attributes, click Create to add a new custom attribute. Enter a name for the attribute, and select the Data Type.
- Click Done.