The Multi-GAAP dimension is an optional dimension that is used if you need to report your financial statements in both local GAAP and in IFRS or other GAAP. This dimension tracks the local GAAP data input as well as any GAAP adjustments.
You can rename members to reflect the correct GAAP adjustment, if required. You can also include additional members and hierarchies for other GAAP adjustments.
By default, if you select this dimension, the system provides the following dimension members:
To define the Multi Dimension:
- From the Home Page, select Application, then Overview, and then the Dimensions tab.
- Click Multi-GAAP to set the properties.
- Optional: Select the appropriate optional properties for your application:
- Enter a Description for the dimension.
- Select an Alias Table, if available.
- Enter an Alias name for the dimension.
- Select Two Pass Calculation.
- Check to Apply Security.
- Select the type of Data Storage to be applied to the dimension:
- Under Display Option, select whether you want to display the Member Name or Alias in reports.
- Select the Hierarchy Type, if available.
- Under Cube, select which cubes you want to use. You can enable Consol, Rate or CbCR.
- Under Custom Attributes, click Create to add a new custom attribute. Enter a name for the attribute, and select the Data Type.
- Click Done.