You may periodically need to reassign users to different tasks. For example, you may create a template and assign a user to certain tasks; however, later that employee leaves the company and another employee assumes those tasks. You can use the Reassign feature in the Templates dialog box to automatically change assignments instead of manually searching for, opening, and editing individual tasks. The Reassign feature enables you to quickly find the tasks associated with one user and reassign them to another.
You can select the roles for which to reassign users. For example, if you select the Owner role, the system reassigns the user only in tasks in which the user was assigned as the owner.
To reassign users:
- Click the Applications icon .
- Click Task Manager
- Click Templates.
- Select the template in which you want to reassign users.
- Select Actions, and then Reassign User.
- Click Find User and enter the search criteria for the user that you want to replace:
- From the Select User dialog box, enter the first or last name for the user, and click Search.
- Select the user from the results, then click OK.
- Click Replace with and enter search criteria for the user to whom you want to reassign tasks.
- Select roles for the user that must be reassigned:
- Click Reassign.
When the process ends, the system displays a “Reassign Users - Success” message that indicates that the user reassignment is complete, and displays the template name and total number of user reassignments made.