After you create a form, you can deploy it. You can also redeploy a previously deployed form.
When you redeploy a Supplemental Data Form, you can use the option to clear existing data in the form. If the “Clear Data from Currently Deployed Forms” option is selected, when you redeploy the form, all existing data, comments and answers will be erased. If you make a minor change to a form, such as adding a new user to the template, and do not select Clear Data, the existing data is retained when the form is redeployed.
To deploy a form template to a data collection period:
- On the Home page, click Application, and then click Supplemental Data.
- Click the Form Templates tab on the left.
- Click Deploy .
The Deploy Form Template displays Pending Period and Open Period Data Collection Periods to choose from.
- To select another data collection period:
- Click Search.
- In Select Data Collection Period, select Year and Scenario.
- Click Search to refresh the periods.
- Select a period.
- Click OK.
- Select the form templates for that data collection period.
- Click Deploy.
If the form template already was deployed, a warning message says that all existing form instances and data for that form template will be removed and new form instances will be generated.
If additional Form Templates that are not part of the original selection must be deployed based on their data set relationships, Additional Form Templates is displayed. Click OK.
- If you are redeploying a form, select whether to Clear Data from Currently Deployed Form:
- If you do not select the checkbox, when the form template is redeployed, all existing comments and answers will be erased, but existing data will be retained. All workflow related information will be reset to Open with Preparer.
- If you select the Clear Data option, when the form template is redeployed, all existing data, comments and answers will be erased. All workflow related information will be reset to Open with Preparer.
- After deployment is completed, a confirmation dialog box indicates the following information:
Form Templates Selected: Total number of checked Form Templates from the Deploy dialog box, plus those added from data set relationships.
Form Template and Period frequency do not match: Number of Form Templates that do not match the DCP frequency. If nonzero, then click View Details to display the form template missing the frequency.
Total Forms to deploy: Total number of forms specified on each of the form templates.
Errors: Total number of forms with errors. If non-zero, then click View Details to display the forms and the reason for the errors. No copying is done.