Each section of a form can collect data from different collections or attribute combinations. Sections can have overlapping collections or attributes. An attribute can be writable only in one section if the "Shared Data" attribute is set to True in the corresponding collection.
You can create a maximum of five sections with sub-collections for each collection.
After you create sections with collections and sub-collections, you cannot change the collection and sub-collection objects.
To create or edit sections:
- On the Home page, click Application, and then click Supplemental Data.
- Click the Form Templates tab on the left.
- In New Form Template or Edit Form Template, select the Sections tab.
- Click New or select a section and click Edit. The Edit Form Template Section is displayed.
- On the Properties tab:
Name - enter a name for the section.
Collection - select a collection from the drop-down list. Based on the collection selected, the drop down will also list its sub collections, which are selectable.
The collections that are listed belong to the same collection interval. If you select a collection thas has an associated sub-collection, the Data Records will be set to Columns and a new section object with the corresponding Sub Collection will be created when you save the section.
Note that the collection and sub collection must belong to the same collection interval.
Rows (for Sub-Collections): The attributes of the form are displayed as a table; you make entries in the row. The system always displays the attribute name as the header.
Columns— (for Collections): The attributes of the form are displayed in the row and columns where the user enters the value for each attribute of the form. The fields include one data entry record per attribute. The system displays the attribute description as the row header of the form.
- Enter information for additional Section tabs as needed.
- When you are done creating a section, click OK to save the section.A section will be created for Collection, and a section will be created for Sub-Collection with key attributes selected. You can edit it to include attributes as needed.