You use the Application Settings page to set preferences for your business process.
To set your business process settings:
- From the Home page, click Application, and then Settings.
- Specify defaults for the following application settings:
Table 4-1 Application Settings
Application Setting Description Alias Setting Select an Alias Table. Under Display Member Label As, select the option that enables the type of member data to be displayed on the Member Selector throughout your application, and enter the label that you want to display:
Default—The data determined by the form, grid, or dimension settings
Member Name—Only member names
Alias—Only member aliases, if defined
Member name: Alias —Names followed by aliases, if defined
Alias:Member Name—Alias, if defined, is followed by the names
Number Formatting Set the formatting options for:
- The thousands separator (none, comma, dot, or space)
- The decimal separator (dot or comma)
- The display of negative numbers (a minus sign before or after the number, or the number surrounded by parentheses)
- The displayed color for negative numbers (black or red)
You can change the number formatting in Application Settings. Your selections apply to all currencies, in all forms that you have access to in the current application. These choices override the settings for individual currencies set by the Service Administrator.
Approvals Select whether to display aliases, show the approval units that are not started, and show approval units as aliases in approval notifications. Notifications Enable notifications for task lists, approvals, and job console. Digital Assistant Settings Specify configuration settings for the Oracle EPM Digital Assistant.
Note: These settings are part of a larger configuration process to enable you to work with the Digital Assistant. You must complete the configuration steps before using the Digital Assistant. See Implementing the EPM Digital Assistant (Administrators) in Getting Started with the Digital Assistant for Oracle Cloud Enterprise Performance Management .
Channel ID - enter the channel ID generated when you created the Oracle Web channel for the Digital Assistant.
Service Name - enter the Digital Assistant URL, which is the Oracle Digital Assistant Service URL that you see when you log on to the service. Enter the URL without either http:// or https:// preceding it.
See also Getting Started with Using EPM Digital Assistant in Getting Started with the Digital Assistant for Oracle Cloud Enterprise Performance Management .
Page Set defaults for indenting members on a page and setting the number of items on the page drop-down.
Note:The Number of Items on the Page Drop-down option lets you shorten the member list so that the Search box can be more easily see. If the list is shortened to 10 members, for example, then you won't need to scroll to see the Search box.
- Date Format—Select a date format, or select Automatically Detect to use your system's locale settings.
- Attribute Dimension Date Format—Select a date format for attribute dimensions.
- Partial Grid Fetch Size—If large forms require significant time to open, select this option to open part of a form. Enter the number of rows and columns to open, separated by a comma (,).
- Suppress Application Management Options in Smart View—When a new application is created, all application management options are displayed by default to administrators in Smart View. You can choose to hide or display the application management options. If you select Yes, application options are not displayed in Smart View. If you select No, application options are displayed in Smart View.
- Enable Data Load for Adhoc Read Only Role—Default is No. Select Yes to enable data load for users with Adhoc read-only role.
- Enable Consolidation Rules Logging—Select to enable logging for consolidation rules.
- Set Number of Seconds Before Rules Run in Background—Enter a value between 0 and 600.
- Client Log Level—Set the level of detail required for logs. Choose either None, Information, Warning, Error, or General from the drop-down list. Default is Information.
- Filter Out Excluded Members in Segment Drop-down—Default is Yes. Choose No to display the excluded members in the row drop-down POV in forms.
- Specify options for the following System Settings:
Table 4-2 System Settings
System Setting Description Display Users' Full Names If selected, the system displays the user's full name (for example, Victoria Hennings). If cleared, the system displays the user's ID (for example, VHennings). Include Shared Members in Cube Refresh When selected, shared members will inherit the security access assigned to the base member.
When cleared, shared members will inherit the highest security access based on a combination of the access assigned to the base member and parent of shared member.
Show Autocorrect Error option in Database Refresh If the checkbox is selected when refreshing a database, the autocorrect process requires extra time. Email Character Set For example, UTF-8 or Regional Setting. Business Rules Notification If set to Yes, notifies users or groups when the rules (which are enabled for notification in Calculation Manager) are completed or encounter errors. In Notify These Users, select the users or groups to notify. Allow Drill Down on Shared Members in Ad Hoc Form
Yes enables drilling on shared members in an ad hoc grid.
When set to Yes, the Drill to All Levels in Base check box is displayed.
Note that block suppression is not supported when this option is set to Yes. To disable block suppression:
- In Oracle Smart View for Office, in Options, Data Options, disable Suppress Missing Blocks.
- In the web, in Preferences, Ad Hoc Options, disable Missing blocks on rows.
No disables drilling on shared members in an ad hoc grid.
Multi-cell zoom-in on shared members is not supported. See also Zooming in on Shared Members in EPM Cloud in Working with Oracle Smart View for Office.
Drill to All Levels in Base
Allows ad hoc grid users to drill down (or zoom in) from shared members to all levels within the base hierarchy. This check box option applies to Standard-mode applications only.
The Drill to All Levels in Base check box appears when Allow Drill Down on Shared Members in Ad Hoc is set to Yes.
A shared member is often a parent member in its base hierarchy. With the Drill to All Levels in Base check box enabled, users can drill down from the shared member to the base hierarchy using the zoom options, All Levels or Bottom Level.
When the Drill to All Levels in Base check box is disabled, the user may zoom in to the the various levels of the base hierarchy one level at a time using the Next Level zoom option.
Minimize Approval Process Emails Reduces the number of emails a user receives when using Approvals. The default is No.
If Yes is selected, only one email notification (for the approved parent entity) is sent to the new owner of the unit. Separate email notifications aren't sent for every child entity in the unit hierarchy. If No is selected, owners that are set at parent nodes will receive emails for the selected note as well as an email for each child node.
Enable Use of the Application for Determines whether users can access the application in administration mode, such as during backups. When you select Administrators, if any nonadministrative users are logged on to the application, they are forced off the system and will not be able to log on. To restore access to an application for all users, select All Users. Assign Application Owner Assign ownership of the application to another administrator. Enable the Display of Substitution Variables Set how substitution variables display in the Member Selection dialog box when users respond to runtime prompts in business rules. Display All displays all substitution variables. Display None displays no substitution variables. Enable Filtering displays only substitution variables that are valid for the runtime prompt. Smart View Suppression Behavior Choose a suppression behavior in Oracle Smart View for Office for cases where rows and columns contain missing data or zeroes.
- Selecting Legacy suppresses rows, or columns, or both that contain No Data/Missing or Zero, but not both.
- Selecting Standard suppresses rows, or columns, or both that contain both No Data/Missing and Zero.
Smart View Ad Hoc Behavior
All new and recreated applications are automatically set to Standard.
For existing and migrated applications, choose to enable enhanced ad hoc features and behaviors in Oracle Smart View for Office:
Native (default)—Does not enable enhanced ad hoc features.
Supported for all Smart View releases.
Standard—Enables enhanced ad hoc features.
Supported for Smart View release 22.214.171.124.900 and later.
For a complete description of the enhanced ad hoc features available in Standard mode, see Smart View Behavior Options in EPM Cloud in Working with Oracle Smart View for Office.
Export EPM Cloud Smart List textual data during daily maintenance for incremental data import Choose whether to perform a complete export during the daily maintenance process or to create an application backup:
Yes (default)—Performs a complete export, such that data, including Smart List data, can be incrementally imported to an application (this option may lengthen the maintenance process duration)
No—Creates an application backup during the maintenance process, such that data can be used as part of a full restoration.
Link Accounts by Default
For block storage (input) cubes, select whether to cross-reference linked account members by default.
- Yes (default)—Cross-references will be created on account members, and the business process will work the same way it has in earlier releases.
- No—Cross-references will not be created for account members, which may improve the business process’s performance. With No selected, after Cube Refresh is run, all existing cross-references on account members will be deleted, and non-source cubes will no longer show data from the source cube.
Attribute Dimension Re-order Threshold Enter a threshold value between 0 and 500 (500 is the default value).
For attribute dimensions, when the number of members under a given parent exceeds the specified threshold value, then the members will be reordered at the end of a metadata load instead of during the load. Depending on the specific shape of the attribute dimension, adjusting this number can sometimes have an impact on performance. In general, this setting can be ignored unless attribute dimension load times degrade beyond acceptable levels.
Set Reporting Options Click Report Settings. From Report Settings, you can upload the TrueType fonts that you use to produce reports. See Uploading Fonts in Enterprise Performance Management Cloud Deployments.
- Click Save to save the application settings.