You can set which application activities you want to be notified of by email when there's a change in task lists, approvals, and the Job Console. Task Manager notifications are sent to users as a batch the day after the event that triggers the notification. When email is set up and notification is enabled, the system notifies users when they become the approval unit’s owner or are named as a user to notify for a review action.
Notifications are sent in these circumstances:
- Late Notifications — A late notification is sent to users the day after the due date of the task.
- Status Change Notifications — A notification that the task is ready to be worked on is sent when the task status changes.
- Due Date Reminders — A reminder is sent to users a specified number of days before the due date of the task.
To set up and enable email notification:
- On the Home page, click Tools, and then User Preferences.
- Click Notifications.
- Enter your email address, and then select which application updates you want to be notified about:
- From the Application Settings page, under Notifications, select from the following options:
- Task Lists
- Job Console
- Select an Email Start Time and Email End Time.
- Select a Notification Type.
- For the selected Notification Type. select an option for Notify Me:
- Once a day
- Every 2 Hours
- Every 3 Hours
- Every 4 Hours
- Every 6 Hours
- Never - (applicable for Status Change Notifications and Due Date Reminders)
- Click Save.