You can launch the Consolidation or Translation process from a form, and you can view the data status in a grid. Tax Reporting provides a predefined Data Status grid, which contains entities in the rows, and periods in the columns. The data in the grid is based on the Scenario/Entity/Period/Entity/Currency information from the form.
To consolidate data:
Translation is performed as part of consolidation. For details on the translation process, see, Translating Data .
To consolidate data, you can be a Service Administrator, Power User, or User, and you must also have Write access to the Parent entity to be consolidated.
When you select a base entity to consolidate, the system performs the calculation for the entity only. It does not consolidate to its parent entity.
When you select a parent entity, all descendants of the parent are also consolidated.
If you consolidate data for a period and the data for prior periods has not been consolidated, the data for the prior period is also consolidated. If you select to consolidate the December period and any prior periods are impacted, the system starts consolidation from the first impacted period.
The consolidation process runs for entities that are Impacted. When the process is complete, the status of each successfully consolidated entity changes to OK.
You can use the Force Consolidate option to force consolidation to run on selected cells. For example, if the consolidation process did not properly complete due to an external factor (a database crash, or the user stopped the process), it will leave entities in a processing status. To recover from this, you can use the Force Consolidate option, which consolidates all entities with data.
You can view the consolidation status in the Jobs console. If you want to run consolidation but there is already a consolidation process running, you can run Force Consolidate.
To consolidate data:
- From the Home page, select Forms, and select Data Status,.
- Select a cell for which you want to run consolidation.
- Select the point of view.
- Select a cell for which to run consolidation.
- From Actions, select Consolidate.
- Optional: To force the consolidation process to run for all selected cells, click Force Consolidate.
- When the consolidation process successfully completes, the system displays a confirmation message. Click OK..
- To check consolidation status, open the Jobs console. See Viewing Consolidation Progress.