Currency translation converts account data from one currency to another. You can translate data from the entity’s input currency to any other currency that has been defined in the application, either during the consolidation process or separately. When you consolidate data, currency translation occurs if the parent entity has a different default currency than the child entities.
After the translation rule is run, the translated currency dimension is stored. You can make adjustments to the translated amounts in each currency through journals.
To translate data:
- From the Home page, select a form, such as Current Provision.
- Select a cell for which to run translation rules.
- From Actions, select Translate.
- Verify the Point of View, and then click Launch.
- Click OK to dismiss the success confirmation message.