Approval unit hierarchies might have dependencies such as Scenario, Year and Period assignments or data validation rules which are defined in forms. If dependencies exist for an approval unit hierarchy, the hierarchy cannot be deleted until the dependencies are removed. The Usage tab enables you to view approval unit hierarchies so that you can see and remove the dependencies if needed.
To view approval unit hierarchy usage:
- Click the Navigator icon .
- Under Workflow, click Approval Unit.
- Select an approval unit hierarchy, click Edit, and then select Usage to view approval unit hierarchy dependencies.
- Select Forms to view associated data validation rules in forms, or select Approval Unit Assignment to view associated scenario assignments.
If data validation rules are associated, they are listed by form. Click the link to display the form in edit mode in a new tab. You can then update or delete the rule to disassociate it from the hierarchy.
If a Scenario, Year and Period combination is associated, they are listed by scenario. Click the link to display the assignment in a new tab. You can then remove the assignment to disassociate it from the hierarchy.
- If you remove dependencies, click Refresh on the Usage tab to refresh the list.
- If you are deleting an approval unit hierarchy, repeat these steps until all dependencies are removed.