6 Installing and Configuring APEX and Oracle REST Data Services
Install or upgrade Oracle APEX by downloading a ZIP file from the APEX download page and then downloading and installing Oracle REST Data Services (ORDS). These instructions apply to both new and upgrade installations.
- Performing Pre-installation Tasks for APEX
Review and perform pre-installation tasks before installing Oracle APEX.
- About SQLcl Support
Learn about Oracle SQL Developer Command Line support in Oracle APEX.
- Downloading and Installing APEX
Learn about downloading and installing Oracle APEX.
- Downloading and Installing Oracle REST Data Services (ORDS)
Learn about downloading and installing Oracle REST Data Services (ORDS).
- Configuring Oracle REST Data Services
Configuring Oracle REST Data Services requires that you copy the images directory, if you are using an older release validate the Oracle REST Data Services installation, configure static files support, and secure Oracle REST Data Services.
- Enabling Network Services in Oracle Database
You must enable network services in Oracle Database to send outbound mail, use Web services, or use template-based PDF report printing with BI Publisher in Oracle APEX.
- Performing Security Tasks
Oracle recommends configuring and using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to ensure that passwords and other sensitive data are not transmitted in clear text in HTTP requests.
- Controlling the Number of Concurrent Jobs
Learn about specifying the number of concurrently running jobs.
- About Running APEX in Other Languages
You can install a single instance of Oracle APEX with one or more of translated versions.
- Installing Translated Versions of APEX
Learn about installing translated versions of Oracle APEX.
- Creating a Workspace and Adding APEX Users
Before you can develop or install applications, you must create a workspace, add Oracle APEX users, and sign in to your workspace.
- Performing Post Installation Tasks for Upgrade Installations
Once you have verified that your upgrade installation was successful and all upgraded applications function properly, you should remove schemas from prior Oracle APEX installations.
- About Performance Optimization Tasks
Learn about performance optimization.
- Converting Between Runtime and Full Development Environments
Learn about converting between runtime and full development environments.
See Also:Web Server Requirements