Globalization attributes specify how the Application Express engine determines the primary language of an application.
To edit globalization attributes:
- On the Workspace home page, click the App Builder icon.
- Select an application.
- Click Shared Components.
- Under Globalization, select Globalization Attributes.
- For Application Primary Language, select the language in which the application is being developed.
- For Application Language Derived From, specify how the Application Express engine determines (or derives) the application language. The application primary language can be static, derived from the Web browser language, or determined from a user preference or item. Table 21-1 describes available options:
Table 21-1 Application Language Derived From Options
No NLS (Application not translated)
Select this option if the application will not be translated.
Application Primary Language
Determines the application's primary language based on the Application Primary Language attribute. (See step 5.)
Browser (use browser language preference)
Determines the application's primary language based on the user's browser language preference.
Application Preference (use FSP_LANGUAGE_PREFERENCE)
Determines the application's primary language based on a value defined using the
SET_PREFERENCEAPI. Select this option to maintain the selected language preference across multiple logins.
See Also: "SET_PREFERENCE Procedure" in Oracle Application Express API Reference
Item Preference (use item containing preference)
Determines the application's primary language based on an application-level item called
FSP_LANGUAGE_PREFERENCE. Using this option requires Oracle Application Express to determine the appropriate language preference every time the user logs in.
Determines the translated application language from the session setting. The Application Express session language can be set through either the
APEX_UTIL.SET_SESSION_LANGprocedure or by using the
p_langparameter of the
"f" procedurein the URL.
- Configure other options as appropriate. To learn more about an attribute, see field-level Help.
- Click Apply Changes.